Although you cannot currently attend Scarborough Jazz Club in person, we’re still aiming to bring you great jazz entertainment through JAZZ LOCKDOWN.
Here is the twelth weekly jazz mix from DJ Filey Selassie…
Whether you’re a Scarborough Jazz Club regular or just visiting us for the first time we hope you enjoy your visit. You can find previous mixes archived on this site.
We’re also providing a bundle of other content such as videos and links to online jazz – severalof this week’s posts relate to Black Lives Matter in light of George Floyd’s death and protests for civil rights around the world.
- Spoken intro over Charles Mingus ‘Freedom – Part Two (aka Clark In The Dark)’
- Ray Russell ‘A Day In The Working Life Of A Slave Of Lower Egypt – Part III: Path’
- Charles Mingus with Hal Willner ‘Canon (Part 1)’
- Donny Hathaway ‘I Love The Lord; He Heard Me Cry (Parts I & II)’
- Marcus Belgrave ‘Glue Fingers (Part II)’
- John Coltrane ‘A Love Supreme – Part I: Acknowledgement’
- Marc Moulin ‘Tohubohu (Pt. I)’
- Charles Mingus with Hal Willner ‘Canon (Part 2)’
- James Brown ‘Soul Pride (Parts 1 & 2)’
- David Axelrod ‘The Sign (Part I)’
- Quasimoto ‘Jazz Cats – Pt. 1’
- Gil Scott Heron ‘The Other Side – Part II’
- Bill Frisell ‘Like Dreamers Do (Part Two)’
- The Roots ‘What Goes On – Pt. 7’
- Keith Jarrett ‘The Köln Concert – Part I’